The undergraduate advising program in chemistry and biochemistry is designed to help our students plan their undergraduate training and to look forward to a career in chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field. Advisors assist students in developing a program of study from the beginning course to graduation.
Faculty advisor Michael Koscho is available to answer questions regarding degree requirements, course plans, undergraduate research or transfer credit, and to discuss post-graduation goals.
Fall 2020 Advising
All advising in the Chemistry & Biochemistry department will be done remotely for the fall term.
For answers to your adivsing questions or to set up a Zoom appointment:
- Email Dr. Koscho at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to email from your uoregon account
- Include your student ID number
- Availability – If you are requesting an appointment, be sure to include the times you would be available to meet
Prepare for your advising meeting by checking your progress toward your degree with UO Degree Guide
Students considering or ready to declare the Chemistry or Biochemistry major should email Dr. Koscho.
Transfer students are encouraged to contact Dr. Koscho as well.
Tykeson College and Career Advising
Tykeson College and Career Advising is the academic and career advising destination for all students who:
- Have not yet declared a major, referred to as exploring students
- Are declared majors and minors in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Are considering another major or exploring other majors
- Want to explore career options and opportunities
Students with declared majors and minors in the College of Arts and Sciences should also continue to seek advice from faculty when they are looking for specific information about their chosen major or detailed information about their major department and its curricular and co-curricular offerings.