The undergraduate advising program in chemistry and biochemistry is designed to help our students plan their undergraduate training and to look forward to a career in chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field. Advisors assist students in developing a program of study from the beginning course to graduation.
Faculty advisor Michael Koscho is available to answer questions regarding degree requirements, course plans, undergraduate research or transfer credit, and to discuss post-graduation goals.
Winter 2020 Advising Hours
Advising Appointments: Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 8-10 am
Drop-in Advising: Friday, 2:30-4 pm
Make an appointment
- Current Chemistry and Biochemistry majors can make an appointment with Dr. Koscho using the Navigate app available through the App Store or Google Play.</small
- Students considering or ready to declare the Chemistry or Biochemistry major can make an appointment with Dr. Koscho by calling or stopping into the department office: 91 Klamath Hall, 541-346-4601
- Prepare for your advising meeting by checking your progress toward your degree with UO Degree Guide
- Transfer students are encouraged to meet with a faculty advisor or schedule a prospective student visit before enrolling.
Tykeson College and Career Advising
Tykeson College and Career Advising is the academic and career advising destination for all students who:
- Have not yet declared a major, referred to as exploring students
- Are declared majors and minors in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Are considering another major or exploring other majors
- Want to explore career options and opportunities
Students with declared majors and minors in the College of Arts and Sciences should also continue to seek advice from faculty when they are looking for specific information about their chosen major or detailed information about their major department and its curricular and co-curricular offerings.