Apply for the Doctoral Program for Fall 2014
The UO Chemistry Department is now accepting applications for Fall 2014. Our application deadline is January 5, 2014. Instructions and our application can be accessed on our Apply Page
Commencement information is here:
2012 Chemistry Newsletter
The Department of Chemistry Newsletter is now available.
Read 2012 Newsletter
2013 Beckman Scholars Program
The UO Chemistry Department will be awarding prestigious Beckman Research Scholarships to qualifying undergraduate research students.
2013 Beckman Scholars Information
Study Abroad TASSEP (TransAtlantic Science Student Exchange Program) is ideal for UO under-graduate science majors who wish to experience a year of studying and living in Europe.
Application Procedures for Graduates and Current Students of the Materials Science Institute Master's Internship Program
If you are currently enrolled in or are a graduate of the University of Oregon Master's Internship Program:
- Contact our Graduate Recruiting Coordinator, Heathre Prehoda, at 1-800-782-4713 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process for the Doctoral Program.
- You will be asked to identify two faculty you are interested in working for at the UO. You should have contacted these faculty and specifically discussed the possibility of joining their groups and potential research projects. You must obtain a recommendation from both of the UO faculty you have identified.
- You will also need a recommendation from the Master's Internship Program.
- There is no application deadline or set start date for current or graduated students of the Materials Science Master's Internship Program applying for the Doctoral program.
- The GRE is not required.
- There is no fee associated with this application process.
If you have a question, please call Heathre Prehoda at 1-800-782-4713 or email